Charlton Athletic 2 – Portsmouth FC 2: Home advantage cancelled out by visitors

Photo Credit: AP

Charlton Athletic were held to 2-2 draw by Portsmouth FC down on Saturday at The Valley. Both Charlton Athletic and Portsmouth FC came from defeats in their previous league games. Charlton Athletic were looking to get back their winning ways after losing their last game 2-1 to Wycombe Wanderers. Portsmouth FC, on the other hand, were beaten 2-1 in the previous match against Cambridge Utd. As the table looks today, Charlton Athletic are in 22nd place, with 6 points from 9 matches, while Portsmouth FC sit in 10th, with 12 points from 9.

Portsmouth FC dominated the first half, thanks to Ronan Curtis giving Portsmouth FC the lead early in the first half. However, their lead was short lived, as Sean Clare equalised for Charlton Athletic just before half-time and seeing the first half out 1-1.

Portsmouth FC fought back the second half, with a goal from Marcus Harness, 72 minutes in. In the end though, their celebrations were kept brief, as Josh Davison equalised for Charlton Athletic just before the final whistle and seeing the game end 2-2.

For Charlton Athletic, Sean Clare, Josh Davison and Corey Blackett-Taylor, came on for Harry Arter, Jayden Stockley and Elliott Lee. Portsmouth FC brought on Recco Hackett-Fairchild and George Hirst, to replace Marcus Harness and John Marquis.

There were bookings for Pape Souare and Sean Clare from Charlton Athletic. For Portsmouth FC, Lee Brown and Sean Raggett saw yellow.

Charlton Athletic will play at home against Bolton Wanderers, while Portsmouth FC will face Burton Albion away.

Technical card:
Charlton Athletic: Harry Arter (Sean Clare, min.46), Pape Souare, Jayden Stockley (Josh Davison, min.82) and Elliott Lee (Corey Blackett-Taylor, min.82)
Portsmouth FC: Ronan Curtis, Lee Brown, Sean Raggett, Marcus Harness (Recco Hackett-Fairchild, min.78) and John Marquis (George Hirst, min.82)
Stadium: The Valley
Goals: Ronan Curtis (0-1, min. 6), Sean Clare (1-1, min. 47), Marcus Harness (1-2, min. 72) and Josh Davison (2-2, min. 87)